Houghton Memorial Library
| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
The library was built as a memorial to Mitchell Bennett Houghton (1844-1925), one of the founders of the Women's College of Alabama. His heirs donated $70,000 to Huntingdon College in 1929 for the construction of a library that was to be named after Houghton. The building was completed and occupied by May 1st, 1930.