New Garden Hall
| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
Originally built as the meetinghouse for New Garden Friends in 1912, the structure functioned as a place of worship until 1961. The building also housed the annual sessions of North Carolina Yearly Meeting during those years. Eleanor Roosevelt spoke to a racially integrated audience at an event hosted by New Garden Meeting in 1955. The interior of the building was rebuilt during the 1960s to house the college administrative offices.