| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
The 1909 section of the building was constructed as a Carnegie Library and is still used today as the current periodicals reading room. The reading room features arched windows with arches and niches in the plaster walls. Renovations have maintained the original features of the room, and a major addition in 1990 repeats the features of the arched windows on the west-facing wall. The original building overlooks the main campus quadrangle so later modifications do not affect the visual or historic feel of the central campus. The original east entrance has a Doric portico flanked by the arched windows.