| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
Beatty House, originally known as Sunset Hill, was built by Mary Childs and William Holdship Rea, a longtime trustee of the university. The architectural style is a significant example of colonial revival and shingle-style domestic architecture, and is similar to the popular shingled bungalows designed by H.H. Richardson. The additions of 1904 were designed by Alden & Harlow. Beatty House was acquired by the university in 1948 and remodeled as a residence hall. In 1998, Beatty House, also known as Alumnae House, was renovated again and is now the home of the Office of Insitutional Advancement (Alumnae Affairs, University Communications, and Development).