Campbell Memorial Chapel
| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
Campbell Memorial Chapel was designed by Ingham & Boyd in a Georgian revival style. The landscape focal point for the campus complex (1947-1953) is the front courtyard, which features a stone retaining wall and balustrade that overlooks a grass slope leading to Woodland Road. The chapel was refurbished and rededicated in 1984 to the memory of Mary Campbell Eckhardt '43, and her father, Robert Davis Campbell, former member of the Board of Trustees. The large auditorium seats 600 and contains a completely rebuilt four-keyboard Möller organ. On the ground floor of the chapel are classrooms and graduate health science instructional laboratories.