Carrothers Home (President's House)
| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
The Carrothers Home was built in 1933 for $18,000 at 1115 North Main Street. It has housed all of Findlay's presidents since its completion. An addition to the south side of the home, built in 1990, includes a great room, basement, screened porch, and a deck, giving the president a larger living space and a place to entertain guests for University functions.
The home is named after an early donor and trustee, George Carrothers, who in 1907 had deeded his frame house at 1113 North Main Street to be used as a home for Findlay's presidents.