Chapel of the Abiding Presence--Weinert Memorial
| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
A chapel on the campus became a special project of alumni in the 1940's. In 1952, the Weinert family announced a $100,000 gift that enabled its construction to begin. Built of Austin limestone and featuring a large tracker-action organ, the 500 seat facility was dedicated in 1954.
A fire in 1969 did damage to the interior and destroyed the organ. The interior was revised under the direction of architect Ed. A. Sovik and the organ was rebuilt by the Schickler Organ Company. The facility was rededicated in 1971 and continues to be the center of campus religious life and the architectural focal point of the west side of Seguin.