Kittie M. Sanson Chapel
| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
Barber-Scotia College was established in 1876 by The Reverand Luke Dorland, a missionary who came to Cabarrus County to establish a college to educate young black women in the South. Scotia Seminary merged in 1930 with Barber Memorial Institute. Barber-Scotia College has been co-ed since 1954.