| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
The Doll House was built by Mr. Thatcher as a playhouse for his daughter before Southern Training School moved to the Thatcher Switch site and changed its name to Southern Junior College in 1917. It had many uses as the college developed: President's office, music studio, pest house when a smallpox epidemic struck the school, storehouse for seed, beehive supply shed, shoe repair shop, barbershop, dormitory room and prayer room. It is not on display in a prominent campus location.