| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
Neville Hall, originally known as the Administration Building, was built in 1907 at a cost of $35,000. It was and still is a central building on the Presbyterian College campus. A three-story Georgian revival building, it has a projecting central pavilion topped by an Ionic portico. The portico is flanked by paired Tuscan pilasters, and the building itself is crowned with a hemispherical dome. The structure initially included offices, classrooms, science laboratories, the college library, an auditorium, and meeting rooms for the literary societies of the college. In 1944 its named was changed to honor the memory of William G. Neville, who was college president at the time of the building's construction.
Both interior and exterior renovations were done in 1965, and additional interior work was done in 1988. As part of the renovation of 1965, new floors were suspended in the original rotunda and the auditorium, resulting in an additional 8000 square feet of office space.
Neville Hall is located at one end of West Plaza, and serves as its focal point. Both West and East Plazas are integral to the plan of the Presbyterian College campus.