| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
Along with Antioch Hall and North Hall, South Hall is one of the three original buildings of Antioch. South Hall was built as a men's dormitory, a role it performed until it was closed in 1965. During World War II it housed the Antioch ASTP unit and thus served essentially as a barracks for the 1942-1943 academic year. After it ceased housing students, South was largely abandoned, though some rooms were used as art studios. South underwent a massive renovation beginning in 1989, however, and in 1994 it reopened as an academic building.