| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
Completed in 1909, the Boys' Home, later known as Carnegie Dormitory and then Carnegie Hall, was the first dormitory endowed by the philanthropist, Andrew Carnegie. In addition to living spaces for students and an apartment for a faculty adviser, the building originally contained a separate dining room. This arrangement was soon discontinued, and the college business office was relocated to that space as part of a 1967 renovation that also involved conversion of the building to faculty offices. The print shop was eventually relocated in 1987, and the space was filled by the computer center. A regular program of preventative maintenance keeps this structure in first-class condition.